Monday, April 16, 2012

Getting Ourselves Back to the Garden


Now that the great internet outage of 2012 has ended (at least temporarily!), I can continue writing about my adventures!

The weather has been changing every day. It has been getting warmer and lighter outside. Today was extremely windy and a bit grey, but springtime is evident everywhere! I even started hearing some insects today! With this changing weather comes the need to gear up for gardening season. Over the past couple of weeks, I have been spending a lot of time doing different tasks in the garden.

On this day we were mulching and planting. We have been lucky to receive help and company from students Taylor and Caroline!


On another day, I spent time applying compost to different plants within the garden.


Now that the soil is built up and healthy, it's almost time to start seeing some delicious greens and pretty flowers!




No comments:

Post a Comment