Monday, March 5, 2012

"What a cold and rainy day, where on earth is the sun hid away?"



Today was cold and rainy! I began my morning in the Goldmuskateller section of the vineyard. Nik is in the process of getting rid of this variety, so I have been cutting the vines from their trellises.



In the afternoon, the rain became even heavier. Nik instructed Kelsey and I to label and seal the wine that he had bottled this morning. The wine was Goldmuskateller from 2010.

After the bottles were corked, we labeled them.


We then placed plastic wrappers on top of the bottles.


The plastic is then heated, which causes it to shrink tightly around the neck and cork.


The finished product is a beautiful bottle of wine!

Of course, it is always essential to try the product you are working with....

Cin cin!

1 comment:

  1. I drank this wine for dinner, and thought it was beautifully bottled and labeled. Your work was much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete